The Family Center / La Familia Volunteers can login to VicNet HERE.
Please fill out an Electronic Volunteer Application HERE.
Check out the Coloradoan article about volunteering with us!
Thank you for your interest in our volunteer program! The Family Center/La Familia offers a wide variety of opportunities that are designed to be rewarding, productive and fun! As a non-profit organization our volunteers are vital to the success of our daily operations. We depend on your generous donation of time and talent. Due to the nature of our services, volunteers must be 16 or older to work with our kids and youth.
If you would like to volunteer please attend an orientation or contact our Volunteer Coordinator:
email@example.com or by phone at 970-221-1615.
The Next Volunteer Orientations are on:
March 12th at 6:00pm
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend
WHY VOLUNTEER AT THE FAMILY CENTER/LA FAMILIA?
- Have an impact in your community and enrich the lives of families in need
- Gain valuable hands-on experience
- Meet other people passionate about families and children
- Enjoy many smiles and hugs
WHAT OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE?
- Read, Learn Explore! After School Program
- Playgroups and Group Connections Bi-lingual Childcare
- Classroom Aides
- Adult Education
- Spanish Conversation Group
- Summer Enrichment Program
- Youth Sports Healthy Kids Program
- Cooking Matters Classes
- Front Office / Administrative Assistance
- Data Entry
- Special Events (outreach, promotions, planning, decorating, staffing, etc)
- Bulletin Boards
- Community Outreach
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
There are three major steps before volunteering with us:
1. Fill Out a Volunteer Application
2. Attend a Volunteer Orientation (see dates)
3. Complete a Background Check
4. Complete Volunteer Interview
Fill Out a Volunteer Application: You can fill out an application prior to or during the orientation. We'll then get you on a consistant volunteer schedule or set you up with a project.
Attend a Volunteer Orientation: We ask volunteers to attend an orientation which lasts roughly a 1/2 hour. Click HERE for directions!
After attending the volunteer orientation you will be scheduled for a volunteer intake interview where we will get to know you and find out more about what you would like to do at The Family Center/La Familia.
Complete a Background Check: Because we do not have the funds at this time to cover volunteer processing fees we ask that volunteers contribute $25 to cover the cost of a background check and t-shirt uniform. If you are volunteering through a class, we have a reduced student fee of $10 for the background check if you bring in a signed waiver from your teacher. We process the background checks with the information provided on the volunteer application, so please be sure to be thorough. Our volunteer's information and files are confidential.